Any sales task you can imagine.
You may speak more languages and have market segment knowledge about a certain product or service. That is a great basis for a small business startup, two scenarios spring to mind. Virtual Imports/Exports Assistant: You may know, or can find a business which has a great product, but they don’t import/export yet. You could offer your services for a particular country and become their Virtual Export Assistant for that country. You use your language and local knowledge skills and open up a new market for this small business.
Virtual Import Assistant: You could source – using your language and local knowledge skills – products in other countries for retailers in your country of residence. Or you could help the foreign business to import into your country.
The experienced virtual Imports/Exports assistant will provide support to the Import/Export Administrator and assist with the preparation of import and export documents in compliance with customs and government regulations.
- Prepares documents and forms to move goods efficiently through import and export steps and procedures.
- Reviews paperwork and documents to ensure shipping, handling, storage charges, and customs fees are billed correctly.
- Maintains a database that tracks merchandise.
- Processes claims on merchandise shortages and overages.
- Makes export compliance decisions, including classifying and qualifying goods for export, signing certificates and SLIs, maintaining records, and helping management team control costs associated with exporting goods.
- Makes import compliance decisions such as analysis of documents for import compliance, cost control, and records control.
- Works closely with the appropriate departments to answer compliance related questions, including best choice of incoterms, certificates of insurance, and credit considerations.
- Responsible for ISF/EEI filings related to import/export compliance. Updates at least annually. Maintains appropriate records of qualification for various trade agreements.
- Determines country of origin and duty preference eligibility under free trade agreements preferences
- Consults with Customs Broker/Freight Forwarder as needed to answer any questions
- Trains employees, as requested, in the basic requirements of import/export compliance.
- Oversees and participates as required in all compliance audits and manages any corrective actions needed.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as requested or required