Any sales task you can imagine.
What Is a virtual automotive service advisor or virtual automotive repair agent?
Virtual automotive service advisor or virtual automotive repair agent is a professional who act as the liaison between customers, service advisor and auto technicians who work on their vehicle. They identify the need for, sell and schedule service work. When taking your car in for a repair, this is often the first person you will come in contact with.
An experienced virtual service advisor will tell you that no two days on the job are the same. They complete a wide variety of tasks, from welcoming and assisting customers to managing quotes to working with technicians throughout the repair process.
Automotive Service Advisor Job Description:
- Greet and develop an ongoing relationship with customers
- Help customers care for and maintain their vehicles
- Set up service appointments that align with the customer and technicians’ schedules
- Serve as liaison between the service manager, shop foreman, parts personnel, technicians and warranty administration
- Support dealership goals for service by generating high sales of services and parts
- Inspect vehicles and apply proper resources to accurately identify and verify vehicle mileage and service needs
- Provide customers with information on part warranties and potential savings
- Identify repeat repairs in customer’s best interest
- Work with technicians to determine necessary repairs and possible alternatives to cut costs for the customer
- Administer new and used vehicle warranty repairs in accordance with warranty specifications
- Write and verify accurate repair orders and include supporting documentation
- Supervise cleaning and preparation of new and used vehicles
- Contact customers to keep them in the loop throughout the repair process and communicate when the vehicle is ready for pickup
- Meet requirements of state and federal law for auto repair and consumer protection